team – noun \’tem\: a number of persons associated together in work or activity
cap·tain – noun \’kap-t?n\: one who leads or supervises
Definition of Team Captain: YOU!
Thank you for taking the first step towards making our event a great success. A Team Captain’s job is to motivate and encourage others to join your team, whether it is with coworkers, friends or family. Last year more than half of the participants were part of a team honoring or memorializing someone affected by epilepsy.
- Can consist of family, friends, co-workers, classmates, athletes or anyone else you can recruit
- Can be as big or small as you want
- Can consist of any combination of runners, walkers adults or youth.
** Each team must have a Team Name and an assigned Team Captain.**
In the spirit of friendly competition, awards will be presented (and bragging rights bestowed) to the largest team, most team spirit, and most money raised.
Where Do I Start?
Once the team is in place, the Team Captain also acts as the key liaison between their team and the Epilepsy Foundation Central & South Texas, which is organizing the McAllen Walk to End Epilepsy event.
Check out our team captain resources for ideas to help you build a successful team and keep your team motivated and excited, enhance your personal goals and thank those that support your efforts.
View “How To” Video here.
To CREATE a new Team, please follow these steps:
1. Go to RunSignup.com/RaceGroups/34446
2. Scroll down and click on REGISTER & CREATE GROUP/TEAM
4. If you have an account already, please SIGN IN. Otherwise, fill in all fields
5. Choose Your Event(s)
6. Click on green GROUP/TEAM button
7. A new screen will pop up (if it doesn’t pop up, please check your browser to be sure pop-ups are allowed)
8. Click on CREATE NEW GROUP/TEAM
9. Type in the Group/Team Name
10. Set password (optional)
11. Click CONTINUE
12. Add other Registrant’s if needed
13. Click CONTINUE
14. Sign Waiver Agreement
15. Select your T-Shirt option
16. Click on BECOME FUNDRAISER to set up a new fundraising account.
17. Choose any additional shirts you would like to purchase.
18. Complete your registration.
To JOIN a team that is already created, please follow these steps:
1. Follow steps 1 & 2 above.
2. Click on JOIN next to your team.
3. Follow steps 4 – 18 above.
Team Captain Packet
The Team Captain Packet has been designed to provide you with the tools that you will need to make your team’s experience fun, successful, and rewarding. Click the link below to download your Team Captain Packet!
2018 McAllen Walk to End Epilepsy coming soon.